Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Break from regularly scheduled programming

A few notes before I start working on the next review.

I plan on doing a lot of reviews in quick succession in the beginning, that's what follows bar trips like the one after my graduation party, I get the chance to try {and hopefully remember} a large succession of craft beers. Later on down the line, I plan on doing them more sporadically, but also more often as opposed to the giant chunks of reviews you're likely to notice for the first couple weeks.

Next, while the Cave is certainly an amazing place with a fantastic atmosphere, my quest is to expand my knowledge of craft beers will fall short if I never go anywhere else. I have recently discovered that my home town of Kent actually has a number of astounding places with out of this world selection that I'd urge anyone in the area to take note of.

Here's the third, yes that last sentence ended with a preposition. I am indeed a competent writer, but in a blog, I feel like it's more personal if you read the way I speak, so I write the way I speak. I think it makes things more personal.

Now, backtracking for a moment. Those places in Kent are a wine bar on 43 with a selection on par with the Cave, Professor's Pub with a good atmosphere and fair selection, and Ray's which also has a Cave-esque selection. It doesn't have the most personal atmosphere, but the quantity and quality of food {like sweet potato fries} make up for it.

In terms of homebrews, I want to mention that I will occasionally be making space for those reviews even though my readers will {sadly} not be able to get a hold of them. It's for that reason that those reviews will be a little less in depth.

Finally, I want to mention two things. One is that I love seasonal beers, specifically fall, so you may begin to notice a sort of seasonal cycle as I run down the list of local and craft beers. Examples would be a lot of the Octoberfests coming out and the seasonal things by Magic Hat that are usually new. Secondly, I'm hoping to eventually get user input. I may one day need advice on what to try or if someone wants a beer revisited for a second opinion.

Along with this line of thought, I'll soon be introducing a guest author. He's a good friend of mine, Peter, who will occasionally be doing IPA reviews for me so they're a little more unbiased than if I were writing them myself. As I've said Two Hearted Ale and I aren't friends. Most IPAs I've had haven't agreed with me.

Bright the cheeks and warm the heart,
-NEO-BS

No comments:

Post a Comment